Subject: bug#12971: closed (Re: bug#12971: 24.2.50; mouse-1 in info header lines tooltips)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 08:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12971: 24.2.50; mouse-1 in info header lines tooltips

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12971: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12971
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12971: 24.2.50; mouse-1 in info header lines tooltips
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:16:12 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>   In mouse-drag-line don't exit tracking prematurely (Bug#12006).
>
>   * mouse.el (popup-menu): Fix doc-string and re-indent code.
>   (mouse-drag-line): Don't exit tracking when a switch-frame or
>   switch-window event occurs (Bug#12006).

This change had a mistake: it needed to read the up-event even if the
line is not draggable, so that the follow-link processing can take
place.  Fixed in the emacs-24 branch.

Subject: 24.2.50; mouse-1 in info header lines tooltips
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:21:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When with emacs -Q in info I move the mouse to an object on the header
line I get tooltips like "mouse-1: Go to node ...".  However, mouse-1
does nothing but select the window here.  This looks like a fallout of:

2012-06-23  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

	* info.el (Info-mouse-follow-link): Accept symbol values of
	link-args.  Select window; suggested by Gerhard Kahl (Bug#11672).
	(Info-fontify-node): Use Info-link-keymap for all navigation
	buttons, with link-args property to perform the desired action.
	(Info-link-keymap): Doc fix.
	(Info-next-link-keymap, Info-prev-link-keymap)
	(Info-up-link-keymap): Delete now-unused keymaps.

Onserved with GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
  of 2012-11-23 on MACHNO

Thanks, martin