Subject: bug#12963: Fwd: Small modification to sh-script, to cover unsupported case label

From: Ivan Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:04:53 +0000

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 09:16:48PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Indention will mess up on the second label, due to the =
> > This can be fixed by adding a = to the skip-chars-backwards in
> > sh-font-lock-parens;
> 
> This already works correctly in Emacs-24, so I suggest you upgrade.
Ah ok, I'm using Emacs-23 here, and was pulling trunk from bzr but it
was taking a long time, so I just decided to email the fix.

> 
> > Also, I'm finding indent-tabs-mode is being reset by sh-mode.  Do you
> > know what could be causing this?
> 
> AFAICT sh-script.el does not touch indent-tabs-mode (neither the most
> recent version, nor the version in Emacs-23).  But I'm not exactly sure
> what you mean by "being reset".
By being reset, I mean I have a hook 
(add-hook 'sh-mode-hook '(lambda () (setq indent-tabs-mode nil)))

I open a sh file, and when I look at the value of indent-tabs-mode,
it's t.

It may be something else that's borking it, but it works fine in other
modes (java, c++). Is there a way to instrument a variable so that I
can see when it gets changed?

-Ivan