Subject: bug#12960: 24.3.50; etc/images/splash.svg is displayed inside GNU Emacs black and white

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:04:48 +0100

Hello!

SVG images appear in different colours inside GNU Emacs, as displayed  
by ImageMagick's display or as displayed in a PDF viewer after  
conversion to PDF, with svg2pdf. It's not clear what the cause is.  
Maybe it's the MSB format of the PPC platform.

Regarding etc/images/splash.svg it's displayed as PDF in the same  
colours as the PNG variant while display uses wrong colours (light  
grey for the gnu, some brown-red-grey mix for the Emacs text). I'll  
have to report this as an ImageMagick bug…

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2012-11-22 on Latsche.local
Bzr revision: 110980 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version  
11.0.11300000
Configured using:
  `configure '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '--without-pop'
  '--without-gconf' '--without-gpm' '--without-gsettings'
  '--without-selinux' '--without-gif' '--without-jpeg' '--without-png'
  '--without-rsvg' '--without-tiff' '--without-xpm'
  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--disable-ns-self-contained'
  '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include'
  '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
  Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs'
  'CFLAGS=-g3 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450
  -maltivec -faltivec -mabi=altivec' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CXX=g++-4.2'
  'CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib -v -Wl,-v -Wl,- 
bind_at_load
  -Wl,-t'
  'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x d e t c / i m a <tab>
<return> <end> <escape> > <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> v
q <down> v q <down> v q <down> v q <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Type C-c C-c to view the image as text.
Loading vc-bzr...done
Not using View mode because the major mode is special
Type C-c C-c to view the image as text.
Not using View mode because the major mode is special
Type C-c C-c to view the image as text.
Not using View mode because the major mode is special
Type C-c C-c to view the image as text.
Not using View mode because the major mode is special

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-bzr image-mode view dired time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--
Greetings

   Pete

If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the  
entire catalogue.
		–  Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide, 1897