Subject: Re: bug#12955: 24.3.50; Build process on MS-Windows: sometimes needs "human intervention"

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 08:19:18 +0100

> Sorry, I don't want to do this.  This might work now, but it does so
> by pure luck, and might break in some future version of cmd, because
> there _should_ be a space between /c and the command that follows.

Is that documented somewhere?  I've read the help of "cmd" and I don't see it.

> The solution to this is simple: don't involve MSYS in building the
> native port of Emacs.  It boils down to removing MSYS from PATH in the
> shell window where you run the build scripts.

That it one possible solution, but certainly not the one I'd like to
pick up, because it imposes an unnecessary restriction on the way of
building Emacs, and this particular restriction annoys me, because
Emacs can be build on Windows using the bash sell, and I like to do
so.  The only problem I've observed when doing it is the one explained
in this thread, and I'd like to fix it.

In the (unlikely) event that a future version of cmd.exe gives
problems when invoked that way, we could find a solution for it, but I
doubt it will ever happen.

-- 
Dani Moncayo