Subject: bug#12951: 24.3.50; adviced functions have no docstring

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:17:29 -0600

cat > ~/foo.el <<EOF
(defadvice beginning-of-buffer (before deactivate-mark activate)
  "Add friendly greeting."
  (message "Hello world.  This function is advised")
  (sit-for 1))
EOF

emacs -Q -l ~/foo.el
C-h f beginning-of-buffer

Emacs says that this function is advised and it displays the
docstring of the advice. But the original docstring of
beginning-of-buffer is not displayed.

No such problem with emacs 23.1 which displays both the original
docstring and the docstring of the advice.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2012-11-10 on regnitz
Bzr revision: 110864 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
System Description:	Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS