Subject: 23.3.50; wrong type argument

From: theyoud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 00:30:56 -0700

Tab appears broken in python mode. I get an error that says:
    wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil
when I press Tab

In GNU Emacs 23.3.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54)
of 2011-10-25 on braeburn.aquamacs.org - Aquamacs Distribution 2.4
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
configured using `configure  '--with-ns' '--without-x' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g -arch i386' 'LDFLAGS=-O0 -g -arch i386''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  smart-frame-positioning-mode: t
  aquamacs-autoface-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  osx-key-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<wheel-up> <tool-bar> <recent-files> <left> <return> 
<tab> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <left> <right> <right> 
<left> <tab> <up> <up> <tab> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <tab> <tab> <help-echo> =2325X R E P 
O R <tab> E M <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/youd/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/frame-positions.el (source)...done
Mark set [5 times]
Aquamacs is based on GNU Emacs, a part of the GNU/Linux system. It is Free Software: you can improve and redistribute it under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. (C) 2011 D. Reitter. No Warranty.
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Using the python shell
Loading vc-git...done
Warning: Bug in python-mode: it forgets to call `run-mode-hooks'
Loading vc-git...done
if: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
if: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/wikipedia-mode hides /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/nxhtml/related/wikipedia-mode
/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/visual-basic-mode hides /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/nxhtml/related/visual-basic-mode
/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/php-mode hides /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/nxhtml/related/php-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug vc-git imenu python-mode info-look
info derived ansi-color compile comint ring load-emacs-plugins
aquamacs-mode-defaults auctex-config server preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads aquamacs-aux savehist mouse-sel one-buffer-one-frame
smart-frame-positioning drews_init color-theme-autoloads saveplace
visual-line aquamacs-bug aquamacs-autoface-mode aquamacs-editing
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums qp mm-util mail-prsvr recentf
tree-widget cus-edit osxkeys emulate-mac-keyboard-mode frame-cmds
strings misc-fns thingatpt+ thingatpt frame-fns avoid
aquamacs-mac-fontsets fit-frame aquamacs-frame-setup aquamacs-tabbar
tabbar-window cl cl-19 cus-start cus-load tabbar easy-mmode warnings
load-emacs-pre-plugins aquamacs-site-start cocoa-compatibility
matlab-load smart-dnd filladapt aquamacs-redo check-for-updates
aquamacs-menu osx_defaults aquamacs-tool-bar aquamacs
mac-extra-functions aquamacs-tools aquamacs-macros parse-time timezone
time-date paren delsel pc-select cua-base wid-edit regexp-opt advice
advice-preload byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile debug help-fns help-mode
view image-file disp-table tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)