Subject: Re: Segfault with `M-- M-r' when `scroll-margin' > 0

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:40:34 -0500

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> The report was for Emacsen built as
>
>     GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11) of
>     2008-10-17 on raven, modified by Debian
>
> and development snapshot version
>
>     GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11) of
>     2008-10-18 on elegiac, modified by Debian
>
> and I verified here that it crashes with a negative argument for all
> versions I keep personally.

Sorry, my bad.  For some reason, reproducing this bug needs a full
bootstrap after reversion.  A simple make recompile/make doesn't track
the bug accurately, which is why it mistakenly pointed to your checkin.

After some more investigation, it looks to me like the bug was
introduced between 2008-10-06 (no crash) and 2008-10-07 (crash).
Weird---there weren't any redisplay changes made at this time.