Subject: 24.3.50; Request: Provide a command to show the node in the manual where a variable is described

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:19:36 +0100

Severity: wishlist

Provide a command `Info-goto-emacs-variable-node', bound to `C-h V',
that be to variables as `Info-goto-emacs-command-node' (bound to `C-h
F') is to commands.

That is: `C-h V search-whitespace-regexp' would take me to the info
node "(emacs) Special Isearch", where this variable is explained.

This would be a useful feature, and would fit quite well in the
current scheme of help commands (`C-h f/F' for commands; `C-h k/K' for
keys; and now `C-h v/V' for variables).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-18 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110940 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo