Subject: bug#12921: 24.2.50; resizing backtrace buffer not persistent (again)

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 01:18:38 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> You mean a patch like the below?

Exactly.  Objections against applying?

> Note that I have no idea how the debugger should behave when the
> window layout is changed by the debugged code.

Dunno if it's worth trying to optimize the code for that.  If I want to
debug such code, I can just use a different frame for the debugger.

Martin, if you have some time, could you maybe also have a look at what
I wrote about 10025 in <[email-masked]>?  If I understood things
right and we are lucky, the number of debugger frames in the backtrace
has just decreased by 1 due to some change in the past, and the only
thing to do is to decrease the appropriate hardcoded numbers in `debug'
as well.  By "debugger frames" I mean the frames belonging to the code
that is added to the debugged functions in order to instrument them.
Note that you must recompile debug.el and load the compiled code to see
the right behavior, because the number of debugger frames is different
if the debugger is run as uncompiled code.

Regards, thanks,

Michael.