Subject: bug#12914: closed (Re: 24.3.50; Visit a file via drag-and-drop broken on the current trunk)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 20:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12914: 24.3.50; Visit a file via drag-and-drop broken on the current trunk

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12914: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12914
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 24.3.50; Visit a file via drag-and-drop broken on the current trunk
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 22:43:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:36:42 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> 
> This bug doesn't happen on a build from the current emacs-24 branch,
> but does happen on a build of the current trunk.
> 
> Recipe from "emacs -Q": Just visit some file via drag-and-drop from
> the Windows Explorer.
> 
> When I try to do that, Emacs fails with the following message:
>    dnd-open-local-file: Can not read file://C%3A/emacs/test.txt

Fixed in revision 110926 on the trunk.

Subject: 24.3.50; Visit a file via drag-and-drop broken on the current trunk
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:36:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug doesn't happen on a build from the current emacs-24 branch,
but does happen on a build of the current trunk.

Recipe from "emacs -Q": Just visit some file via drag-and-drop from
the Windows Explorer.

When I try to do that, Emacs fails with the following message:
   dnd-open-local-file: Can not read file://C%3A/emacs/test.txt

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-17 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110918 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo