Subject: bug#12910: Gnus in stuck state with gnus-demon

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:36:49 +0100

Haider Rizvi <[email-masked]> writes:

> For my gnus setup, I have various nntp servers, nnimap, and nnrss servers. 
>
> I have set the following for fetching mail and news automatically: 
> (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-news 30 1)
> (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-mail 31 t)
> (gnus-demon-init)
>
> Quite often, I see gnus stuck, the last message being about nndraft. I
> can break out of it by pressing ctrl-g. It doesn't seem to be just gnus
> getting msgs, I have been patient and waited for a while with no
> movement.

Set `debug-on-quit' and post the backtrace you get when you `C-g' when
it hangs.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen