Subject: Gnus in stuck state with gnus-demon

From: Haider Rizvi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:15:54 -0500

For my gnus setup, I have various nntp servers, nnimap, and nnrss servers. 

I have set the following for fetching mail and news automatically: 
(gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-news 30 1)
(gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-mail 31 t)
(gnus-demon-init)

Quite often, I see gnus stuck, the last message being about nndraft. I
can break out of it by pressing ctrl-g. It doesn't seem to be just gnus
getting msgs, I have been patient and waited for a while with no
movement.

After breaking, in *Messages* I see the following:

......
nnimap read 82k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 3 groups; please wait) [2 times]
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done

Ma Gnus v0.6
GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2012-08-27 on bob.porkrind.org

Regards, 
-- 
Haider