Subject: bug#12897: closed (Re: bug#12897: 24.3.50; [PATCH] eshell/mkdir: Handle "--parents")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12897: 24.3.50; [PATCH] eshell/mkdir: Handle "--parents"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12897: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12897
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12897: 24.3.50; [PATCH] eshell/mkdir: Handle "--parents"
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Jürgen Hötzel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:18:51 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> (make-directory DIR &optional PARENTS)
> already handles this switch, so the Eshell implementation  of mkdir
> could leverage it.
> Patch enclosed.

Thank you, the patch looks good, installed,

        Stefan

Subject: 24.3.50; [PATCH] eshell/mkdir: Handle "--parents"
From: Jürgen Hötzel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:18:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(make-directory DIR &optional PARENTS)
already handles this switch, so the Eshell implementation  of mkdir
could leverage it.

Patch enclosed.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.1)
 of 2012-11-15 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Diff

Minor modes in effect:
  whitespace-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  workgroups-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  which-function-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC O A C-x b RET C-x b . e l RET ESC O A C-x C-g C-x
v = ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
O B C-x o C-x v v C-y C-a C-d C-d C-d C-d C-e ESC O
D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC
O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D
ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC
O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC d r
m d i r C-e C-x v v C-g C-c C-c ESC 1 ESC x e s h e
l l RET RET g i TAB t SPC TAB DEL SPC - - f DEL DEL
DEL f o r m a t - p a t c h SPC H E A D ~ DEL DEL DEL
DEL DEL o r i g i n / m a s t e r RET ESC O A C-a C-k
C-x C-f C-f 0 0 TAB 1 TAB RET C-x 1 ESC O A ESC x s
u b TAB C-a C-k r e p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/juergen/.recentf...
Wrote /home/juergen/.recentf
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Making completion list...
Saving file /home/juergen/.recentf...
Wrote /home/juergen/.recentf
Saving file /home/juergen/.recentf...
Wrote /home/juergen/.recentf
Saving file /home/juergen/.recentf...
Wrote /home/juergen/.recentf

Load-path shadows:
~/emacs/site-elisp/popup/popup hides ~/emacs/site-elisp/popup-el/popup
~/emacs/site-elisp/popup/popup-test hides ~/emacs/site-elisp/popup-el/popup-test
~/emacs/site-elisp/babel/babel hides ~/emacs/babel
~/emacs/site-elisp/babel/babel-test hides ~/emacs/babel-test
~/emacs/gtags hides /usr/share/gtags/gtags
~/emacs/site-elisp/magit/.dir-locals hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
whitespace vc pcmpl-unix misearch multi-isearch em-unix em-term term
disp-table ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias helm-misc filecache
debug vc-git vc-dispatcher vc-svn winner tramp-cache tramp-sh recentf
org-capture org-mks org-publish org-clock org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-mode-expansions org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
nxml-mode-expansions rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok helm-files
image-dired dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net helm-plugin bookmark
helm-locate helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp grep
helm-external helm-utils dired helm-config smtpmail sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums starttls time desktop auto-complete-config time-stamp
paren yasnippet dropdown-list help-mode workgroups tramp-adb tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete format-spec slime apropos
hideshow pp hyperspec browse-url benchmark pkgbuild-mode sh-script smie
executable paredit nexus nexus-widget xml markdown-mode thingatpt
noutline outline magit-bisect magit-key-mode magit server esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff iswitchb view diff-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log highlight helm haskell-mode derived expand-region
clojure-mode-expansions expand-region-custom expand-region-core
clojure-mode rx babel url-handlers easymenu json mm-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv password-cache url-vars mailcap gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr auto-complete popup android-mode
easy-mmode cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro ac-slime cl cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs uniquify advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload
savehist ido cus-start cus-load gtags compile comint ansi-color ring
time-date which-func imenu autoinsert tree-widget wid-edit warnings
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)