Subject: bug#12888: 24.3.50; (minor) grammar fix for (elisp) `Syntactic Font Lock'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:37:20 -0800

Correct this sentence, which is not grammatical:
 
 If the value of this variable is non-`nil', Font Lock does not do
 syntactic fontification, only search-based fontification based on
 `font-lock-keywords'.
 
One possible correction:
 
 If the value of this variable is non-`nil', Font Lock does not do
 syntactic fontification; it does only search-based fontification based
 on `font-lock-keywords'.
 
Also (not bad grammar, but ambiguous), please change "it" to the
variable name or to "the value", here (in several places):
 
 "It is normally set by Font Lock mode..."

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-11-05 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110809 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'