Subject: bug#12887: Broken pipe while generating guile-procedures.texi

From: DNS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 18:30:02 +0100

> The problem here is that ice-9/boot-9.scm, which is an essential
> start-up file, could not be found.  I don’t see any reason why this
> would happen.
> 
> Are you building a pristine 2.0.6, with no distro patches etc.?
> 
> Can you confirm that the file module/ice-9/boot-9.scm is available in
> your source tree?
> 
> Can you run ‘strace -f -o log make’, and send the output of
> ‘grep ice-9/boot-9 log’?

Heya,

sorry for my late reply, and thx a lot for your help.
i was compiling 2.0.7 and had the same issue, then i was finally lookin
at the log and figured out that it is because of a "umlaut" char in the
parent directory-name where i tried to build guile.
The directory was called "Arbeitsfläche" ("desktop" in german) and in
the log i saw the files could not be found because the dir-name was not
correctly converted (into UTF-8 i guess). The dir name was shown as
"Arbeitsf??che"...

Btw i uploaded 2.0.7 packages to the GNU PPA @ launchpad
https://launchpad.net/~dns/+archive/gnu/+packages?field.name_filter=guile-2.0&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=

Best regards,
DNS