Subject: bug#12873: 24.2; undigestify-rmail-message in emacs 24.x still doesn't split a digest

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:17:53 +0100

Hi (and sorry for unarchiving this old bug which I reported some
years ago cf. 1140),

since I get back to rmail, I wanted to test this feature again
and see if anything has changed. Alas, nothing :(

Using undigestify on messages received from april.org, the result
is not the expected one: individual messages.

Instead, I receive 3 messages:

1. an empty message with just headers (huh)
2. a TOC (sounds correct)
3. all messages in a big and single message

Enclosed is a rmail file you can use for testing.

Here is how I tested it:

emacs -Q --no-init-file
C-u M-x rmail RET <path to DIGEST file> RET
M-x undigestify-rmail-message RET

<#part type="application/octet-stream" filename="~/DIGEST" disposition=attachment>
<#/part>

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i486-slackware-linux-gnu)
 of 2012-08-31 on hive
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--program-prefix=' '--program-suffix='
 '--mandir=/usr/man' '--infodir=/usr/info' '--without-gconf'
 '--without-gsettings' '--with-x=no'
 '--build=i486-slackware-linux'
 'build_alias=i486-slackware-linux' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i486
 -mtune=i686''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Mail

Minor modes in effect:
  eev-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC 
[ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B 
ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC 
[ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B 
ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC [ B ESC 
[ B ESC [ B ESC [ A ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C 
ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC 
[ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C 
ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC 
[ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C 
ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC 
[ C RET ESC [ B ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC 
[ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ C ESC [ D 
C-@ C-e ESC w ESC x ESC [ A C-e DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL RET C-y RET n ESC [ B C-x h ESC w ESC x ESC 
[ A RET

Recent messages:
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [8 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [8 times]
Mark set
Unsent message being composed; erase it? (y or n)  n
Auto save file for draft message exists; consider M-x mail-recover
sendmail-user-agent-compose: Message aborted
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "p://www.april.org
http://www.lolica.org
"

Load-path shadows:
/usr/lib/erlang/lib/tools-2.6.6.3/emacs/erlang-start hides /home/xavier/.emacs.d/site-lisp/erlang/erlang-start
/usr/lib/erlang/lib/tools-2.6.6.3/emacs/erlang hides /home/xavier/.emacs.d/site-lisp/erlang/erlang
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/t-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/t-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-jsinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-xoxo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mew hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-beamer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-html hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mac-message hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-freemind hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-wl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-mks
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-remember hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docbook hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/timeclock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/calendar/timeclock

Features:
(shadow network-stream url-cache url-http url-gw url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap emacsbug debug
dabbrev newcomment rmailkwd find-func jka-compr misearch
multi-isearch time-stamp copyright rmailsum undigest help-mode
view qp image rmailmm message idna sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
t-mouse eldoc flyspell ispell ampc-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads memory-usage-autoloads package tabulated-list
uniquify session eev-all disp-table eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url
eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded
eev easy-mmode warnings info-look info tool-bar paredit edmacro
kmacro server tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
format-spec advice advice-preload tramp-loaddefs regexp-opt ido
erlang-start jabber-core jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain fsm help-fns jabber-conn srv dns starttls
tls jabber-logon jabber-xml xml jabber-util color-theme-less
color-theme-library color-theme cl iswitchb time-date paren
recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind multi-tty emacs)

	Xavier
-- 
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org
http://www.lolica.org