Subject: Re: bug#12872: 24.2; Provide a feature to trigger mode-line redisplay

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 23:04:11 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> What flag is that?
> w->update_mode_line

Oh, I didn't realise that the update_mode_line variable and that field
were separate things...

>> > The problem is how to set it only when the current line changes.  I
>> > think that's the crux of this issue.
>> 
>> I must admit I didn't understand what was meant by "when the current
>> line changes".  😐
>
> It means point moves from one physical line to another.

Then it doesn't sound difficult to implement that in an efficient
manner?  Whatever function Drew is using could just put itself in
post-command-hook and check?  Isn't there a line number cache somewhere?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no