Subject: Re: bug#12870: 24.3.50; Crash: assertion failed during garbage collect

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 14:03:36 -0700

Andy Moreton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Emacs built from trunk r110872.
>
> Emacs crashed with an unhandled Win32 exception. This was caused by
> an assertion failure:
>
> (gdb) thread apply 1 bt
> Thread 1 (Thread 14900.0x2870):
> #0  0x77c47188 in msvcrt!memcpy () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
> #1  0x01116a68 in copy_text (from_addr=0x6460afc "nntpd",
>  to_addr=0x76a8269 "", nbytes=0x80000005, from_multibyte=0x0,
> to_multibyte=0x0) at insdel.c:517

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately gotten no
responses yet.)

This crash wasn't handled at the time, and as this was reported more
than six years ago, I don't think there's much chance of making any
progress here, so I'm closing this bug report.  If you're still seeing
similar crashes in modern Emacs versions, please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no