Subject: bug#1287: 23.0.60; emacs 23.0.60 does not build on x86_64 architeture

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:31:57 +0100

Hello

I try to make a PKGBUILD on Arch Linux, x86_64 architecture. System libs
ar not installed under /usr/lib64 but under /usr/lib.

Can you help?  

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4)
 of 2008-10-26 on frege
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.10402000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--with-xft' '--with-xpm'
'--enable-font-backend' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif'
'--with-png' '--with-sound' '--with-libotf' '--with-m17-flt'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: PKGBUILD

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

gcc -c -D_BSD_SOURCE   -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.
-I/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-otf/src/emacs/src
-D_BSD_SOURCE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/alsa -I/usr/include/librsvg-2
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
-I/usr/include/freetype2 pre-crt0.c
make[2]: *** No rule to make Target »/usr/lib64/crt1.o«, 
needed by »temacs«,  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-otf/src/emacs/src'
make[1]: *** [src] error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-otf/src/emacs'
make: *** [bootstrap] error 2