Subject: Re: bug#12845: aclocal: stop handling AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR; handle just AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:32:01 +0100

tags 12845 wontfix
close 12845
thanks

On 11/09/2012 07:01 PM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
>
> I agree; and as I said, I plan to remove aclocal's new-found ability
> to handle AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR before releasing Automake 1.13.
>
On a second thought, that would cause extra confusion in the client
packages, and several problems in the Automake test suite.  So I'll
keep the support for AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, while advising the use
of AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS in the documentation.  This seems the
simplest solution (and gosh, we've had already had way too much
complications in the implementation of this apparently simple
feature!).

Regards, and sorry for the noise,
  Stefano