Subject: bug#12839: 24.3.50; Emacs aborts in GC

From: Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 07:40:10 +0400

On 11/09/2012 02:05 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Looks like I'm talking to myself here

No.

Although I do my best to avoid platform-dependent tricks, some
things are platform-dependent anyway, like the DEFUN macro. If you
compile with Microsoft compiler, this is your case; can you use
gdb to dump any struct Lisp_Subr to see it's vectorlike_header?

Also, if you suspect potentially bogus struct Lisp_Vector pointers,
please try xvectype and xvecsize gdb commands to get something
more informative than just the header->size shown as integer.

> Also, a different, but related, crash:
>
>    emacs -Q
>    C-x 3
>    M-x set-variable RET auto-hscroll-mode RET nil RET

I can't reproduce it on Linux, so it looks like the same
platform-dependent problem.

Dmitry