Subject: 24.2.50; M-x term

From: Maciek Pacut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 19:17:55 +0100

I binded delete-backward-char to other key than backspace and deleting
text in M-x term doesn't work as it should. when I write e.g. "aoeui" and then
remove "aoeui" and type "ls" terminal tries to launch command "aoeuils". This
is an issue also with emacs -q and running command
(global-set-key (kbd "C-.") 'delete-backward-char)

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-10-26 on peryton, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20121025-1~ppa1~precise1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> SPC ( b o u n d e d SPC t
e C-. o SPC t h e SPC s a m e SPC <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> SPC f u n c t i o n . D C-,
C-, C-. ) . <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
* b i d C-. n d e d SPC t h e SPC t h e SPC s a m e
SPC . . . <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> y e s <return> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> I SPC a m SPC n
o t SPC a SPC n a t i v e SPC s p e a k e r C-a s e
l l o u t : SPC C-e , SPC I SPC w i l l SPC c h e c
k SPC t h e SPC m e a n d C-. d C-. i n g SPC o f SPC
t h e C-. o s e SPC w o r d s SPC o C-. a d C-. g a
i n SPC : ) <return> I SPC h a v e SPC l a t e s t
SPC E m a c s SPC f r o m SPC n a q u a d a h SPC r
e p o s i t o r y . <return> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo>
<drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
H-m r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [7 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [6 times]
Mark set
byte-code: Text is read-only: #<buffer #emacs> [38 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Undo! [3 times]
call-interactively: End of buffer
Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired [3 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [2 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/maciek/.emacs.d/elpa/ruby-mode-1.1/ruby-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils debug vc-git misearch
multi-isearch dired-aux mule-util network-stream starttls tls erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp startup-layout autorevert
file-options yasnippet help-mode snippets smex ido ido-mode-own
text-mode-own python-mode-own advice help-fns advice-preload
dired-details dired dired-mode-own derived find-file glsl-mode cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cpp-mode-own latex-mode-own rvm ruby-mode-own modes movement
edmacro kmacro basic-edit-toolkit keybindings misterioso-theme paren
appearance ace-jump-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
coffee-mode-autoloads color-theme-autoloads dired-details-autoloads
feature-mode-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
iy-go-to-char-autoloads magit-autoloads info easymenu
python-mode-autoloads rspec-mode-autoloads mode-compile-autoloads
ruby-mode-autoloads rvm-autoloads smex-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
yari-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package cl-macs gv package-manager cl
cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)