Subject: 24.2.50; Strange default string brought by M-n after `C-x C-v'

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:17:07 +0100

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

  C-x b h i <RET> / * h e l l o C-x C-v M-n

I observe that `M-n' writes in the minibuffer a default argument "c:/*hello".

If I repeat the experiment changing "/*hello" with, for example,
"hello" or "/*hello/", no default argument is brought by `M-n'.

Is this a bug no?  If not, what is the rule here for getting a default argument?

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-10-29 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110729 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo