Subject: bug#12821: 24.3.50; Cygwin Emacs gets stuck when yanking a text

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:18:18 +0900

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Ken Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [...]
>> Can you give a recipe for reproducing this problem?

>> Does it only happen with a build from the trunk?  Or do you see this
>> problem with Emacs 24.2 and/or a build from the emacs-24 branch?

>> Is it specific to the Lucid toolkit or does it also happen with a GTK+
>> build (as in the version of Emacs in the Cygwin distribution)?

> Thanks for following this up.  I'll report more precise recipe
> and additional infos tomorrow.  (I'm on Linux in home.)

Strangely I'm unable to reproduce the problem today.  Even
the copying of Excel's cell is successful; a text component of
the cell is yanked regardless of whether it is ASCII text or
non-ASCII text.  So, I'll close this thread if it doesn't seem
to happen anymore, within a week maybe.

Until yesterday it was happening since I started to use Cygwin
for work early in the last year.  So, it is not a matter on only
24.3.50.  I can recall it happened with not only Lucid Emacs I
built from the bzr source but also GTK Emacs Cygwin distributed.
Any Windows application had a difficulty on copying and yanking
text to Emacs.

I had a knack to do it successfully, though it is not necessarily
100% effective.  That is to yank a text to Emacs in a single
action, i.e., click the mouse-2 button on an Emacs frame without
touching anything of inside of frame's matte.

P.S. I've updated the Cygwin installation using SETUP.EXE today
for the first time in a week.  Emacs is being built every day.