Subject: bug#12806: closed (Re: bug#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 03:48:03 +0000

Your bug report

#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12806: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12806
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 05:47:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 23:12:27 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > The last one works for me just fine.  Are you sure caps-lock does not
> > work at all, no matter what the state of the various "lock" keys?  If
> > that only happened when Num Lock was on, then I fixed that in revision
> > 110826.
> 
> I didn't try to change num-lock.  So, with revno 110825 the caps-lock
> key works only when num-lock is off, because if I set num-lock on, all
> letters are written in lowercase as I said.
> 
> Now, with revno 110826 everything seem to work correctly, even the
> original problem of this bug report.
> 
> So I think you can close this bug report.
> 
> Thank you so much!

Great, closing.

Subject: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 20:54:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce this bug, you'll need a keyboard with "dead keys" (like
my spanish keyboard, for example).

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Enable scroll-lock (I can't do this while the Emacs frame has the
focus - I have to select another application before).
2. Try to write an accented "a" ("á") by typing the dead key "´" and
then the key "a".

I observe that:
* What gets inserted is a plain "a" (without the accent).
* The dead key has no effect over the "a" nor the following letters I
type, until I type an <SPC>: at that moment, an "´" is inserted
instead.

The above misbehavior persists even after exiting Emacs and starting
it again (as long as scroll-lock is "on").

This bug has annoyed me for months, but until now I didn't have a
reproducible recipe.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-05 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110809 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo