Subject: bug#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:34:53 +0100

>> The behavior I see now is the inverse: when scroll-lock is on, Emacs
>> does TRT, but when it is off, Emacs fails to manage well the dead key
>> (like before when scroll-lock was on).
>
> Sorry, you are on your own, then.  The only similar problem I saw
> previously on my system is fixed by the changes I committed.  There's
> something else going on with dead keys, obviously, but without knowing
> what's wrong, I cannot fix that.  Try stepping through the code around
> lines 2973 to 3047 of w32fns.c, and see what is going on there when
> you type the dead key and the one after it.  If you tell what you see,
> maybe I can suggest a solution.

I'll see what can I do, but FWIW, the situation now is much worse than before:
* Scroll lock is a key that is usually set "off"; that explains why no
one noticed this bug until now.
* What is more important: I've just seen that typing `C-M-u' does
nothing on Emacs.  It is as if no key was pressed at all.  If I do
`C-h c C-M-u' the minibuffer stays as if no key was pressed after `C-h
c'.

FWIW:
* This is with bzr revno 110824.
* Your commit at revno 110822 has a typo: the bug number is "12086",
but you wrote "1280".

-- 
Dani Moncayo