Subject: bug#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 22:09:30 +0200

> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:45:50 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Should be fixed in revision 110822 on the trunk.  Please test, as I
> > don't have dead keys on my keyboard to test them myself.
> 
> The behavior I see now is the inverse: when scroll-lock is on, Emacs
> does TRT, but when it is off, Emacs fails to manage well the dead key
> (like before when scroll-lock was on).

Sorry, you are on your own, then.  The only similar problem I saw
previously on my system is fixed by the changes I committed.  There's
something else going on with dead keys, obviously, but without knowing
what's wrong, I cannot fix that.  Try stepping through the code around
lines 2973 to 3047 of w32fns.c, and see what is going on there when
you type the dead key and the one after it.  If you tell what you see,
maybe I can suggest a solution.