Subject: Re: bug#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:51:22 +0200

> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 21:48:50 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > What's the evidence that this is an Emacs bug, and not something that
> > keyboard does on Windows?
> 
> The evidence is that Emacs is the only windows application that
> presents the described misbehavior.
> 
> IOW: I always can type accented vowels in all windows applications,
> regardless of whether scroll-lock is "on" or not.  The only exception
> is Emacs.

Should be fixed in revision 110822 on the trunk.  Please test, as I
don't have dead keys on my keyboard to test them myself.

(I didn't commit this on the release branch, because this problem
existed since about forever, and so doesn't fit the criteria for
changes on the branch as set by Chong.)

> 1. Enable scroll-lock (I can't do this while the Emacs frame has the
> focus - I have to select another application before).

That you cannot do this in Emacs is by design: when
w32-scroll-lock-modifier is nil, pressing that key when Emacs has
focus is handled as a function key, and Emacs forcibly restores the
previous state of Scroll Lock when you release the key.