Subject: bug#12806: 24.3.50; Dead keys misbehavior when scroll-lock is enabled

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 20:54:19 +0100

To reproduce this bug, you'll need a keyboard with "dead keys" (like
my spanish keyboard, for example).

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Enable scroll-lock (I can't do this while the Emacs frame has the
focus - I have to select another application before).
2. Try to write an accented "a" ("á") by typing the dead key "´" and
then the key "a".

I observe that:
* What gets inserted is a plain "a" (without the accent).
* The dead key has no effect over the "a" nor the following letters I
type, until I type an <SPC>: at that moment, an "´" is inserted
instead.

The above misbehavior persists even after exiting Emacs and starting
it again (as long as scroll-lock is "on").

This bug has annoyed me for months, but until now I didn't have a
reproducible recipe.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-05 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110809 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo