Subject: 24.2.50; Cygw32 build break

From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:04:05 +0900

Because Cygwin does not have _open_osfhandle, Cygw32 build is failed
on trunk.

$ ./configure --with-w32
$ make

(snip)
w32fns.c: In function 'emacs_abort':
w32fns.c:7763:8: warning: implicit declaration of function '_open_osfhandle'
w32fns.c:7765:8: warning: implicit declaration of function 'write'
w32fns.c:7766:6: warning: implicit declaration of function '_open'
w32fns.c:7769:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'lseek'
w32fns.c:7794:8: warning: implicit declaration of function 'close'
(snip)
gcc -std=gnu99  -Demacs  -I. -I/build/emacs/trunk/src  -I../lib -I/build/emacs/trunk/src/../lib           -I/usr/include/libxml2           -MMD -MF deps/.d -MP   -I/usr/include/p11-kit-1      -g3 -O2   -L/usr/lib/noX \
  -o temacs pre-crt0.o dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o  window.o  charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o bidi.o  cm.o term.o terminal.o xfaces.o     emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o keymap.o sysdep.o  buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o  minibuf.o fileio.o dired.o  cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o search.o regex.o undo.o  alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o  eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o print.o lread.o  syntax.o unexcw.o bytecode.o  process.o gnutls.o callproc.o  region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o  doprnt.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o xml.o  profiler.o     sheap.o cygw32.o   w32fns.o w32menu.o w32reg.o w32font.o w32term.o w32xfns.o w32select.o w32uniscribe.o fontset.o fringe.o image.o  terminfo.o  gmalloc.o   lastfile.o vm-limit.o   ../lib/libgnu.a  -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lole32 -lcomdlg32 -lusp10 -lcomctl32 -lwinspool   -ltiff -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm -lgif -lXpm              -lxml2 -lz -liconv -lm       -lncurses          -L/usr/
 bin -lgnutls -lnettle -lhogweed -lgmp -ltasn1 -lp11-kit -lz   -lpthread      
w32fns.o: In function `emacs_abort':
/build/emacs/trunk/src/w32fns.c:7763: undefined reference to `__open_osfhandle'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:632: recipe for target `temacs.exe' failed
make[1]: *** [temacs.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/emacs/trunk/src'
Makefile:334: recipe for target `src' failed
make: *** [src] Error 2

-- 
Kazuhiro Ito