Subject: 24.3.50; `scroll-conservatively', I-search and `C-g'

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:07:08 +0100

Recipe from "emacs -nw -Q" (the "-nw" part is not strictly needed, but
it is cleaner for showing the problem):

1. Visit the attached file.
2. Adjust the vertical space (empty lines) between "first line" and
"last visible line" until the latter becomes indeed the last visible
line in the window.
3. Go to the start of the buffer: M-<
4. Advance one line: C-n
5. C-s 1
6. C-g

I observe that after step #5 the window is scrolled (OK), and that
scrolling is cancelled after step #6 (OK - like it should be).

But if I set `scroll-conservatively' to 1 and repeat the experiment
(from step #3), I observe that the vertical scrolling made in step #5
is not cancelled in step #6.  IMO it should be cancelled, because
"C-g" should leave the view (not just the point) where it was before
the Isearch.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-04 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110794 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -I../../libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo