Subject: Re: bug#12796: Optimize `ido-completing-read' for larger lists with flex matching enabled

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 18:14:07 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> With speed-up patches installed on both branches, I consider this fixed.
>
> No, the use of with-local-quit is the main issue to solve.

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do you mean `when-no-input' and the lack of its use?

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Oh, yes, that's what I meant,

Or perhaps `while-no-input'?  :-)

Anyway, reading this bug report, the reported slowness itself was
fixed.  Stefan wondered why the `while-no-input' thing didn't do the
right thing to break out of it all?  I think?  But as there is no way to
reproduce the bug any more, it seems unlikely that we'll make any
further progress in this bug report, and I'm re-closing it again.

If somebody finds a way to reproduce this (seven years later), please
open a new bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no