Subject: bug#12781: closed (Re: bug#12781: 24.2; srecode-template-mode sets global value of comment-start and comment-end)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:45:03 +0000

Your bug report

#12781: 24.2; srecode-template-mode sets global value of comment-start and comment-end

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12781: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12781
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12781: 24.2; srecode-template-mode sets global value of comment-start and comment-end
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:44:41 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

Thanks; fixed in emacs-24 branch.

Subject: 24.2; srecode-template-mode sets global value of comment-start and comment-end
From: Johan Claesson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:17:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

In cedet/srecode/srt-mode.el the srecode-template-mode function assigns
the global value of comment-start and comment-end.  I guess that it
should make-local-variable just like it does for the other variables.

(define-derived-mode srecode-template-mode fundamental-mode "SRecorder"
  "Major-mode for writing SRecode macros."
  (setq comment-start ";;"
	comment-end "")
  (set (make-local-variable 'parse-sexp-ignore-comments) t)
  (set (make-local-variable 'comment-start-skip)
       "\\(\\(^\\|[^\\\\\n]\\)\\(\\\\\\\\\\)*\\);+ *")
  (set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-defaults)
       '(srecode-font-lock-keywords
         nil  ;; perform string/comment fontification
         nil  ;; keywords are case sensitive.
         ;; This puts _ & - as a word constituent,
         ;; simplifying our keywords significantly
         ((?_ . "w") (?- . "w")))))

Regards,

/Johan

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-09-03 on goblin
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/home/jcl/usr' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 '-C' '--disable-maintainer-mode' '--without-compress-info''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-cwarn-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  electric-layout-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-q C-g C-x C-b <C-tab> f i n d SPC | S-SPC g r e p 
SPC s r t - m o d e <return> C-s <up> <up> C-x C-S-f 
<return> C-s c o m m e n t - s t r t <backspace> <up> 
C-h v m a j o r - <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> a u t o - m o d 
e - a <tab> <return> <C-tab> <C-tab> <up> M-f M-f M-b 
C-s C-d <C-tab> C-s C-s <up> C-q t <switch-frame> <C-tab> 
<switch-frame> M-x c e d <tab> <return> M-x s r e <tab> 
r e <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> C-g C-q C-q 
s r t SPC <return> M-m M-m b u g <return> M-0 q q C-a 
C-SPC M-F M-w <home> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<next> M-z f n <return> M-x e r p o <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m <tab> b <tab> 
C-g C-h f r e p o r t - e m <tab> b <tab> - q <tab> 
<return> M-x r e p o r t - e <tab> b <tab> - q <tab> 
<return> s r t - 0 <backspace> = <backspace> m o d 
e <return> M-x <up> <return> s r t <return> M-x <up> 
<return> c o m m e n t - s t q r a <backspace> <backspace> 
a <backspace> <backspace> a r t <return> M-x <up> <return> 
<up> C-e , SPC <backspace> C-w C-w c e d e t , s r 
e c o r d <return> M-1 q M-x r e o <backspace> p o 
r <backspace> r t <tab> e <tab> b <tab> <tab> - i n 
<tab> f <tab> <return> M-x <up> C-e <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <return>

Recent messages:
Grep finished (matches found)
Mark set [2 times]
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil) [5 times]
register f -> /alfa/home/jcl/build/trunk/lisp/cedet/srecode/srt-mode.el
register F -> srt-mode.el
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:80 [4 times]
call-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Existing Emacs Bugs*>
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow url-cache url-http url-gw url-auth emacsbug inversion vc-bzr
jcl-replace jcl-ruby jcl-sl w3m-load jcl-w3m w3m-search jcl-work-buffer
w3m-type-ahead jcl-games jcl-text-translator-init text-translator
text-translator-window text-translator-vars text-translator-sites
jcl-muse htmlize-hack htmlize muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-colors cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
jcl-dictem-init dictem jcl-yaoddmuse yaoddmuse-extension yaoddmuse url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-util url-parse url-vars skeleton sgml-mode derived generic cl-specs
edebug hippie-exp dabbrev add-log vc-git semantic/find srecode/srt-mode
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db semantic/format ezimage srecode/template srecode/srt-wy
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/ctxt srecode/ctxt
semantic/tag-ls srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/table srecode
eieio-base semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet network-stream tls jcl-stumpwm
autorevert jcl-slime slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hyperspec find-lisp misearch
multi-isearch gnus-dired ind-util w3m-form w3m browse-url doc-view
jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util sort smiley
gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async eldoc
eldoc-eval-autoloads muse-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads package
tabulated-list jcl-renegade-goblin jcl-home-boot mule-util flyspell qp
parse-time gnus-ml nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache jcl-gnus-init
jcl-gnus gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win mailcap starttls
smtpmail sendmail message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit
jcl-goblin fuzzy-match jcl-load-beta jcl-torrent text-translator-load
jcl-calendar-init appt jcl-calendar holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs jcl-emms-init
emms-playing-time emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file emms-setup emms emms-compat jcl-erc-init
jcl-file-cache-init jcl-grep-sbg sbg jcl-ido-init jcl-eel bindat
jcl-dired dired-x dired-details wdired dired-aux jcl-register-init
jcl-command-subset-init jcl-generic generic-x jcl-erlang-init jcl-ssit
jcl-erlang-sbg erlang-eunit jcl-erlang distel-ie edb patmatch
erl-service derl erlext epmd net-fsm erl distel erlang jcl-safe
jcl-abbrev-init jcl-swedish-postfix quail help-mode jcl-term time-stamp
ange-ftp jcl-face hl-line jcl-modes-init jcl-rfc rfcview view goto-addr
proced table picture inf-ruby ruby-mode sh-script noutline outline
hideshow cwarn jcl-imenu jcl-global-init which-func imenu time winner
thingatpt paren mic-paren printing ps-print ps-def lpr icomplete ispell
uniquify mb-depth midnight whitespace ffap saveplace jcl-keys-init
diff-mode easy-mmode term disp-table ehelp kmacro tramp tramp-compat
auth-source eieio assoc gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
shell pcomplete format-spec tramp-loaddefs windmove jcl-keys
jcl-load-functions jcl-file-cache ert find-func ewoc debug filecache
jcl-elisp hi-lock jcl-register jcl-grep grep compile jcl-command-subset
ido jcl-emacsclient jcl-duff jcl-template-init jcl-template jcl-motion
jcl-windows jcl-recommended jcl-site-start jcl-erlang-log bookmark pp
jcl-ediff byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp
jcl-misc newcomment jcl-compile ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff fpl electric cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs erlang-start clearcase tq reporter executable dired comint
regexp-opt ansi-color ring info easymenu jcl-times-init advice help-fns
advice-preload jcl-times jcl-util server cl jcl-load-path time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)