Subject: Failure when running check-root make target

From: Matt Burgess <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:29:33 +0000

Hi,

When running 'make NON_ROOT_USERNAME=nobody check-root' on
coreutils-8.20, I get:

  CCLD   test-xvasprintf
  CC     test-yesno.o
  CCLD   test-yesno
make[6]: Leaving directory
`/home/burgessm/sources/coreutils-8.20/gnulib-tests'
make  check-TESTS
make[6]: Entering directory
`/home/burgessm/sources/coreutils-8.20/gnulib-tests'
make[7]: Entering directory
`/home/burgessm/sources/coreutils-8.20/gnulib-tests'
make[7]: *** No rule to make target `tests/chown/basic.sh.log', needed
by `test-suite.log'.  Stop.
make[7]: Leaving directory
`/home/burgessm/sources/coreutils-8.20/gnulib-tests'
make[6]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2

This looks a little odd to me, as it appears that its finished building
the gnulib-tests, comes out of that directory, then immediately goes
back in to then start running coreutils' own tests, which it has already
successfully run.  Unless I've completely misread the logs, that is.

This is on a Fedora-17 host, in case it's caused by make (3.82) or
something else in the toolchain.

Thanks,

Matt.