Subject: RE: bug#12778: Failure when running check-root make target

From: "Voelker, Bernhard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:46:32 +0000

Andrew Warshall wrote (Monday, November 05, 2012 3:30 PM):
>> This is on OpenSuSE 12.2 with GNU make 3.82.
>
> I'd be curious to know what it's supposed to be doing. For example,
> should "make check-root" be running any gnulib-tests at all? Those
> should all get run by "make check" anyway, no?

not sure. Are there any root-tests in gnulib?

> Does "make NON_ROOT_USERNAME=nobody check-TESTS" run as root in the
> gnulib-tests/ directory work for you?

Sure it does. ;-)

But with sudo it fails for 1 test:

  $ sudo env PATH="$PATH"  make NON_ROOT_USERNAME=nobody check-TESTS
  PASS: [...]
  ../build-aux/test-driver: line 95:  5158 Aborted                 "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
  FAIL: test-getlogin

Have a nice day,
Berny