Subject: bug#12778: Failure when running check-root make target

From: "Voelker, Bernhard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:17:03 +0000

Andrew Warshall wrote: (Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:21 PM)

>>> make[7]: *** No rule to make target `tests/chown/basic.sh.log',
>>> needed by `test-suite.log'.  Stop.

> Is anyone else having our problem?
> In particular, is it local to GNU make 3.82?

well, not the same, but ...

  make  check-TESTS
  make[6]: Entering directory `/home/berny/coreutils/gnulib-tests'
  make[7]: Entering directory `/home/berny/coreutils/gnulib-tests'
  make[8]: Entering directory `/home/berny/coreutils/gnulib-tests'
  make[8]: Nothing to be done for `tests/chown/basic.sh.log'.
  make[8]: Nothing to be done for `tests/cp/cp-a-selinux.sh.log'.
  make[8]: Nothing to be done for `tests/cp/preserve-gid.sh.log'.
  ...
  make[8]: Nothing to be done for `tests/touch/now-owned-by-other.sh.log'.
  make[8]: Leaving directory `/home/berny/coreutils/gnulib-tests'
  fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create tests/chown/basic.sh.trs
  fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create tests/chown/basic.sh.log
  fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create tests/cp/cp-a-selinux.sh.trs
  ...
  fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create tests/touch/now-owned-by-other.sh.log
  make[7]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
  make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/berny/coreutils/gnulib-tests'
  make[6]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2

This is on OpenSuSE 12.2 with GNU make 3.82.

Have a nice day,
Berny