Subject: Re: bug#12768: 24.1; flyspell highlights words which ispell accepts

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 01:10:11 +0100

2012/10/31 Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>:
>
> On 31 October 2012 21:31, Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Can you please provide a minimal example file showing this problem?
>
>
> Attached. I visit the file, switch to autoconf-mode, and run ispell-buffer.
> Without switching to autoconf-mode, I don't get the error.

Thanks for the info,

Really strange. With your steps I can even reproduce the problem with
something as simple as

dnl -- D

If I add something before dnl  I still get the problem.

sdfdsfsdnl -- D

IIf I either break the double dash (no double dashes at all) or the
dnl or remove the "D" after the dashes problem disappear

dfnl -- D
dnl - - D
dnl --

autotest-mode.el is a small file, but II  do not see any hint about
what is happening here. Seems to do something strange with double
dashes associated with dnl, but I am absolutely clueless, help
welcome.
>>
>> Also, please have a look at how the spellchecking process is started
>> (relevant entry in 'ps -aux' call from a console) in case there is
>> something strange there.
>
> /usr/bin/aspell -a -m -B --encoding=utf-8

While probably unrelated, this should have a "-d en_GB" part. I am
reproducing this problem with other dicts as well as with your
british+accs entry, so this seems not the main problem.

Dirty workaround in the meantime, avoid double dashes and try something like

dnl - - - - Hi, whatever I want to add here

But I really wonder what is happening here.

-- 
Agustin