Subject: bug#12768: 24.1; flyspell highlights words which ispell accepts

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:31:44 +0100

2012/10/31 Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>:
> On 31 October 2012 15:20, Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks very much for the details. I shall investigate; in particular, I
>> believe that I was told that I didn't need the customization any longer
>> before and found that to be false, but it's certainly worth another look.
>
>
> I have switched to the built-in "british" setting for
> ispell-local-dictionary, and when I now try to ispell-buffer the file for
> which I reported the bug I get an alignment error:
>
> ispell-process-line: Ispell misalignment: word `dnl' point 1227; probably
> incompatible versions
>
> If I ispell-word the word that before seemed to pass the check, it is
> queried as expected.

ispell-word and ispell-buffer use different methods. For efficiency
reasons ispell-buffer is not a loop of ispell-word calls but uses
ispell-process-line and deals with lines.

For a long time I did not see misalignment errors for Emacs+aspell
(basically after communication was switched to utf-8) and I thought
this was really fixed. They happened when spellchecking utf-8 files
with a dictionary with unibyte encoding and using unibyte
communication, when the file has a char that cannot be represented
in the unibyte encoding.

Can you please provide a minimal example file showing this problem?

Also, please have a look at how the spellchecking process is started
(relevant entry in 'ps -aux' call from a console) in case there is
something strange there.

Thanks for your feedback,

-- 
Agustin