Subject: "configure --disable-threads" doesn't work with coreutils-8.20

From: John David Anglin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:39:08 -0400

The following build error occurs on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20:

   CC     src/sort.o
In file included from ../src/sort.c:26:0:
./lib/pthread.h: In function 'pthread_spin_init':
./lib/pthread.h:241:3: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 
'pthread_mutex_init'
/usr/include/pthread.h:354:5: note: expected 'pthread_mutexattr_t' but 
argument is of type 'void *'
../src/sort.c: In function 'merge_tree_init':
../src/sort.c:3200:3: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 
'pthread_mutex_init'
/usr/include/pthread.h:354:5: note: expected 'pthread_mutexattr_t' but 
argument is of type 'void *'
../src/sort.c: In function 'init_node':
../src/sort.c:3242:3: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 
'pthread_mutex_init'
/usr/include/pthread.h:354:5: note: expected 'pthread_mutexattr_t' but 
argument is of type 'void *'
../src/sort.c: In function 'queue_init':
../src/sort.c:3312:3: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 
'pthread_mutex_init'
/usr/include/pthread.h:354:5: note: expected 'pthread_mutexattr_t' but 
argument is of type 'void *'
../src/sort.c:3313:3: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 
'pthread_cond_init'
/usr/include/pthread.h:378:5: note: expected 'pthread_condattr_t' but 
argument is of type 'void *'
../src/sort.c: In function 'sortlines':
../src/sort.c:3584:7: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 
'pthread_create'
/usr/include/pthread.h:275:5: note: expected 'pthread_attr_t' but 
argument is of type 'void *'
../src/sort.c: In function 'main':
../src/sort.c:4210:22: error: storage size of 'act' isn't known
../src/sort.c:4215:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 
'cma_sigaction' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
make[2]: *** [src/sort.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/xxx/gnu/coreutils-8.20/objdir'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/xxx/gnu/coreutils-8.20/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20 has DCE threads which predates the posix thread 
interface.

Dave

-- 
John David Anglin    [email-masked]