Subject: 24.2.50; vc-svn-merge-news: Couldn't analyze svn update result

From: OKAZAKI Tetsurou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:43:49 +0900

Tags: patch

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.5 (i686-pc-cygwin)
 of 2012-10-29 on zeroset
Bzr revision: 110709 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 0.0.0
Configured using:
 `configure '--without-all' '--without-x' '--with-w32' '--with-gnutls'
 '--with-xml2' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif'
 '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--enable-check-lisp-object-type'
 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O2''

with svn, version 1.7.7 (r1393599)
   compiled Oct 10 2012, 10:19:48

VC back-end for SVN fails to parse the merge response when the target file
is in the subdirectory.

In *vc-dir* buffer:

  VC backend : SVN
  Working dir: ~/Checkout/googlecode.com/zxing-read-only/
  Repository : http://zxing.googlecode.com/svn

      needs-merge          core/src/com/google/zxing/MultiFormatReader.java

error "Couldn't analyze svn update result" occurs by pressing `+'
on the `needs-merge' line.

corresponding messages:

  Merging changes into /home/foo/Checkout/googlecode.com/zxing-read-only/core/src/com/google/zxing/MultiFormatReader.java...
  vc-svn-merge-news: Couldn't analyze svn update result

*vc* buffer is as follows:

  Updating 'core/src/com/google/zxing/MultiFormatReader.java':
  G    core/src/com/google/zxing/MultiFormatReader.java
  Updated to revision 2482.