Subject: 24.1; key-binding and local-key-binding return invalid keymap

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 18:52:32 +0200

TWhen the buffer is in org-mode and i trigger tmm-menubar neither the Org
nor the Tbl menu are in the list.

It seems to me. That (key-binding [menu-bar]) returns a wrong keymap. It
starts with a nested keymap:

(keymap (keymap (keymap (show . undefined) (hide . undefined) (headings
.. undefined) (Org menu-item "Org" ...) (Tbl menu-item "Tbl" ...)) keymap
(headings...

But there's nothing about that nesting in the docs.

In 23.4.1 on Windows there are no nested keymaps:
(keymap (show . undefined) (hide . undefined) (headings . undefined)
(Org menu-item "Org" ...) (Tbl menu-item "Tbl"...) keymap (headings ...

But the org-mode-map is similar and has the following as part of a keymap:
 (menu-bar keymap
	   (show . undefined)
	   (hide . undefined)
	   (headings . undefined)
	   (Org menu-item "Org"
		(keymap "Org"...

Best regards
Lennart Fricke

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i686-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.11)
 of 2012-08-13 on buildvm-23.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu'
 '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
 '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
 '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib'
 '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var'
 '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man'
 '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg'
 '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xft' '--with-xpm'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-gpm=no' '--with-wide-int'
 'build_alias=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-redhat-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32
 -march=i686 -mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x <escape> <escape> <escape> C-x C-f o r <backspace> 
<backspace> t e s t / t e s t . o r g <return> M-x 
t m m - m <tab> <return> <escape> <escape> <escape> 
<escape> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> M-x o r g - v e r <tab> <return> 
<escape> <escape> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
test.org has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Quit
Org-mode version 7.8.11
goto-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item
goto-history-element: End of history; no default available

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils help-mode view tmm electric org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks find-func org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile
cconv macroexp advice help-fns advice-preload ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode format-spec
regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)