Subject: 24.2.50; `help-xref-interned' should not put point on last doc section

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:47:38 -0700

`help-xref-interned' provides a help page that includes all of the
available doc for a symbol: function, variable, and face - whatever is
available.
 
The doc is presented in this order: function, face, var (or function,
face, if no var doc).
 
Currently point is placed on the last doc section: the var section (or
the face section if no var).  This is wrong, IMO.  Point should be
placed at bob.  If it's not clear at bob that there is more than one
kind of doc present, then the header should be modified to make this
clear, and it should have links to each section.
 
It is disorienting for a user to follow a link and find himself near the
end of a doc page with no indication of what the page documents overall.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-10-22 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110618 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'