Subject: bug#12736: 24.2; sql.el change name of process buffer

From: Lynn Dobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:18:22 -0700

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
  of 2012-10-10 on build20
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
  `configure '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' '--with-kerberos'
  '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--with-wide-int' '--enable-autodepend'
  '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
  '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var'
  '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x'
  '--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg'
  '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus'
  '--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--x-includes=/usr/include'
  '--x-libraries=/usr/lib64:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf'
  '--with-m17n-flt' '--build=x86_64-suse-linux'
  'build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux' 'CFLAGS=-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables
  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe
  -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label
  -Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
  -DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 '
  'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: POSIX
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: SQL[Postgres]

Minor modes in effect:
   iswitchb-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   size-indication-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [6 times]
Making completion list...
sql-input-sender: Wrong type argument: processp, nil
Quit
Mark set [2 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
Undo! [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Undo! [2 times]

sql-input-sender: Wrong type argument: processp, nil

Load-path shadows:
~/.gnu-emacs-elisp/php-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/php-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/lilypond-init

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils pp apropos misearch multi-isearch
jka-compr face-remap sql debug help-mode view cl-specs edebug gdb-mi
bindat json gud easy-mmode multi-term term ehelp electric printing
ps-print ps-def apache-mode javascript-mode newcomment edmacro kmacro
iswitchb tcl comint ansi-color jgd php-mode derived etags ring cc-langs
cl cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe easymenu
assoc ruby-mode regexp-opt uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload
desktop cus-start cus-load paren mouse-sel thingatpt ispell time-date
delsel lpr disp-table tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument processp nil)
   process-buffer(nil)
   sql-input-sender(nil "create or replace function boohoo() returns 
text as $$ select 'boohoo' $$ language sql;")
   sql-send-string("create or replace function boohoo() returns text as 
$$ select 'boohoo' $$ language sql;")
   sql-send-region(1 88)
   sql-send-paragraph()
   call-interactively(sql-send-paragraph nil nil)
   recursive-edit()
   debug()
   call-interactively(debug t nil)
   execute-extended-command(nil)
   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

sql-buffer is a variable defined in `sql.el'.
Its value is "*SQL: [email-masked]*"
Local in buffer foo.sql; global value is "*SQL*:

After changing the process buffer name with sql-rename-buffer
And setting the sqli buffer for buffer foo.sql, sending anything
to the process fails as indicated in the debugger listing above.

Lynn
Chief Technical Officer
CreditLink Corporation

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
of 2012-10-10 on build20
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation
Distribution: openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64)