Subject: Re: bug#12735: 24.2.50; gc hangs

From: Christopher Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:31:41 +0000 (GMT)

Christopher Schmidt <[email-masked]> writes:
> GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
> of 2012-10-25
>
> Sometimes, that is usually after 3 to 20 minutes of Emacs usage, the
> gc hangs/loops indefinitely.  The problem only occurs when I run a
> specific application for Emacs (ampc).  The problem first occurred
> after I refactored some code of this application from timer callbacks
> to a process filter.

I am still able to reproduce this problem (bug? I am pretty sure this is
a serious bug!) with the current trunk on GNU/Linux.

I am able to workaround this issue by refactoring the process filter
code.  Considering that my application should work with 24.3 and it is
definitely to late for this issue to be fixed for this release, I am
giving up.  For the sake of consistency I am leaving this bug report
open.  Feel free to close.

        Christopher