Subject: 24.2.50; dragging the mode-line selects other window

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:14:37 +0200

Hi,

resizing windows vertically with mouse-1 now selects the according
window.  In Emacs 23, you could drag any mode-line in the selected frame
without changing the selected window.  This is IHMO a regression.  I can
click the mode-line if I really want to select a window.

Steps to reproduce from emacs -Q:

1. C-x 2
2. C-x o
3. Drag the upper window's mode-line.

The upper window is selected when you release mouse-1.  This makes no
sense when I only wanted to enlarge the lower window.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-10-25 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20121025-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''