Subject: bug#12731: closed (Re: bug#12731: 24.2.50; dragging the mode-line selects other window)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12731: 24.2.50; dragging the mode-line selects other window

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12731: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12731
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12731: 24.2.50; dragging the mode-line selects other window
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:45:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> 1. C-x 2
> 2. C-x o
> 3. Drag the upper window's mode-line.
> 
> The upper window is selected when you release mouse-1.  This makes no
> sense when I only wanted to enlarge the lower window.

Should be fixed in revision 110673.  Bug closed.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 24.2.50; dragging the mode-line selects other window
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:14:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

resizing windows vertically with mouse-1 now selects the according
window.  In Emacs 23, you could drag any mode-line in the selected frame
without changing the selected window.  This is IHMO a regression.  I can
click the mode-line if I really want to select a window.

Steps to reproduce from emacs -Q:

1. C-x 2
2. C-x o
3. Drag the upper window's mode-line.

The upper window is selected when you release mouse-1.  This makes no
sense when I only wanted to enlarge the lower window.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-10-25 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20121025-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.2.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''