Subject: bug#12710: 24.2.50; ns variant lists SVG and SVGZ file types as enabled although compiled with librsvg-2

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:18:31 +0200

Hello!

The variable imagemagick-enabled-types has SVG and SVGZ although configured --without-rsvg and therefore fails to display etc/images/splash.svg:

	Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')

ImageMagick is able to display the SVG file with display. At revno: 110618.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2012-10-22 on Sumac.local
Bzr revision: 110618 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 '--host=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0' '--target=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 '--with-wide-int' '--without-pop' '--without-sound' '--without-gpm'
 '--without-dbus' '--without-selinux' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' '--without-xpm' '--without-jpeg'
 '--without-tiff' '--without-gif' '--without-png' '--without-rsvg'
 '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g
 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -march=core2 -mtune=core2 -m32
 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse4.2' 'LDFLAGS=-m32 -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs
 -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include' 'CC=clang'
 'CXX=clang++'
 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'
 'build_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 'host_alias=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 'target_alias=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> p C-h v i m a g e m <tab> e n a <tab> <return> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x d e t c / i m a g e s 
<return> <end> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
v C-c C-c C-x k <return> v C-c C-c C-x k <return> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> s-c 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> s-c <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send
-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-bzr nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok image-mode view dired pp help-mode easymenu
help-fns time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)

--
Greetings

  Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.