Subject: bug#12708: 24.1; M-x display-time-world "q" close window

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:44:25 +1100

Severity: wishlist

In an M-x display-time-world, it'd be good if the "q" key closed the
window (as well as killing the buffer).

The window is a small extra opened at the bottom of the screen by the
command.  If it's still that size then it's not much use for anything
else.

M-x calendar has its "q" close the small window it opens.  I'm suspect
it's not possible to share code, as the calendar bit looks like it does
other things too.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.8)
 of 2012-08-07 on blah.blah, modified by Debian
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_AU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t