Subject: bug#12704: 24.2.50; QuitError during redisplay: (eval (\` ((-3 (\, (propertize "%p" ...

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:00:03 -0700

(Not with emacs -Q, but with my setup.)
 
Dunno whether this helps, but I noticed this message in *Messages*,
apparently from mode-line display.  Why is such a message written to
*Messages* just because (seemingly) a user hits C-g during redisplay?

Is there an option that controls whether to print such messages?
 
QuitError during redisplay: (eval (\` ((-3 (\, (propertize "%p" (quote
local-map) mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map (quote mouse-face)
(quote mode-line-highlight) (quote help-echo) "Buffer position, mouse-1:
Line/col menu"))) (size-indication-mode (8 (\, (propertize (if (and
transient-mark-mode mark-active) (apply (function format) (mapcar
(function eval) modelinepos-style)) " of %I") (quote face) (and
transient-mark-mode mark-active (quote modelinepos-region)) (quote
local-map) mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map (quote mouse-face)
(quote mode-line-highlight) (quote help-echo) "Buffer position, mouse-1:
Line/col menu")))) (line-number-mode ((column-number-mode (10 (\,
(propertize " (%l,%c)" (quote face) (and (> (current-column)
modelinepos-column-limit) (quote modelinepos-column-warning)) (quote
local-map) mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map (quote mouse-face)
(quote mode-line-highlight) (quote help-echo) "Line and column, mouse-1:
Line/col menu"))) (6 (\, (propertize " L%l" (quote local-map)
mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map (quote mouse-face) (quote
mode-line-highlight) (quote help-echo) "Line number, mouse-1: Line/col
menu"))))) ((column-number-mode (5 (\, (propertize " C%c" (quote face)
(and (> (current-column) modelinepos-column-limit) (quote
modelinepos-column-warning)) (quote local-map)
mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map (quote mouse-face) (quote
mode-line-highlight) (quote help-echo) "Column number, mouse-1: Line/col
menu"))))))))) signaled (quit)
 
In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-10-15 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110553 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'