Subject: bug#12697: 24.2; Emacs crashes when using it as the commit editor for git

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:39:55 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> C-g in emacs -nw is equivalent to SIGINT on the controlling terminal.
>> This causes all processes in the same process group to receive SIGINT,
>> which includes the parent git process
>
> Shouldn't git block SIGINT when it invokes $EDITOR?

Maybe.  Perhaps the OP should report it to the git list.

>> now that emacs no longer puts itself and the terminal into its own
>> process group.
>
> Did we have good reason to stop doing that?

IMHO no.  All the BSD_PGRPS stuff was removed on the premise that it
wasn't used any more, but disabling BSD_PGRPS in s/gnu-linux.h was
already questionable.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."